Postlaunch Incentives: signup rewards, competitions, staking, HODL loyalty, trading volume discount
Users will be incentivized to take certain actions in the medium and long-term, most notably for signing up, staking, HODLing ETHOS in their wallet, trading, participating in trading competition, and referring other users. The team may introduce other incentives in the future, such as 'learn-to-earn.' The below sections describe these rewards in depth. Each section is indicated by underlined section headings. Go ahead, read on, and learn how to earn ETHOS!
Signing Up for the App
The rewards for signing up for the app are as follows:
Completing sign-up correctly for early-adopters (first 500,000 people):
The following table displays the rewards for tokens given out to people who correctly complete the sign-up process. Users have 6 months from date of signup to take these actions and claim the rewards.
These tokens will be given out as follows:
Trading competition sweepstakes (5% of supply, to be distributed over 5 years)
The rewards earned by participating in the trading competition are as follows:
- Ethos will have trading competitions and give out ETHOS tokens as needed based on usage numbers, engagement, other sources of rewards (such as 3rd party sponsorships), and so on
Staking – 12% of total supply spread out over 10 years
The rewards for staking are as follows:
- Measured on a 30 day rolling basis, whichever is easier), users who stake their ETHOS holdings will earn discounts and a percentage of the token supply.
- Token distributions from staking can be claimed at the end of every month
- There is a 10 day un-bonding period
- Stakers who stake according to the following schedule will not only be eligible for emissions according to the formula below, but also for trading discounts. The relationship between staking and trading discounts is:
The emissions they receive for staking are (where rewards pool = 1.2% per annum as of the time of writing):
Some potential features the Ethos team is thinking about implementing in the future. These features may or may not be implemented:
- Allow users to stake for multiple months at a time, say up to 1 year
- Allow users to ‘set and forget it’ via an auto re-stake program
- xETHOS as deposit receipt/liquid staking token
Staking and HODLing Loyalty Tier Combined Benefits
You can achieve a certain tier by either staking tokens or holding them in your wallet. If you choose to stake your tokens, then you'll need a smaller amount of tokens to achieve a tier
The team plans to roll out additional features and benefits for loyalty members over time and as new products roll out.